Stratton Daybeds times Two

Primary tabs

PDF versionPDF version

Additional Photos

About This Project

blondewood plywood, poplar, select pine

I built my first daybed in May of 2010, and my second one in August of 2010. I've since moved one of the daybeds to my new nursery I'm creating. These beds are so versitle, so sturdy, and can be moved anywhere and 'go' with whatever decor. I love both of them!

Required Skill Level: 
Intermediate
Estimated Time Investment: 
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Finish Used: 
I primed the beds with Kilz oil based primer, then added a bunch of ultra white paint by Behr. I finished with sanding down the edges and staining them, before applying a top coat of polycrylic. Only use polycrilic, not polyurethane for white painted furniture!
Estimated Cost: 
$450 for BOTH beds

Comments

I've been looking a lot for ideas to have a reading corner in my daughter's room once we move to our new house and this is by far the best idea I've seen so far! Love it!

I love this reading corner...love, love, LOVE! Such a cute idea! I love the ledges with books and the framed alphabet and your fun pillows!