About This Project
My best friend's 30th birthday was approaching and she had mentioned that she needed some nice chairs for her front porch. I got so excited when I saw these. So I made her one! Unfortunately, I had a few issues with the prop support, but I think we've remedied it. The dowel kept splitting when weight was bared on it. Now, neither of us are "small" girls, but we're not huge, either! So I replaced it with an oak piece of 1x2. That seems to have fixed the problem, and the corner of the 1x2 fits in between the slats nicely and holds it in place. Sorry the pictures are awful. I'll have a finished product picture up soon. (-:
This was actually my first "real" project. I've fixed several things before and tinkered around with woodworking, but I'm just starting to get into it. I can definitely say that I've found my hobby!