Ammon's Art Desk

Primary tabs

Help us get rid of spam!

Hey there!  Ana here.  If you got a second and see a comment that you suspect is spam, please click the "This Comment is Spam" text at the bottom of the comment.  Sure appreciate the help! 

PDF versionPDF version

Additional Photos

About This Project

Pine and plywood

Yea! I made this for my second boy for Christmas. He wanted yet another art set. When I saw the plans I knew I had to make it! Ana I love you and your site and your amazing ideas! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

After reading all the comments I decided to make the desk part a little wider on each side to make room for the hinges. It worked great. The hinges did rub so I just got out a pocket knife and put some notches where they were rubbing...problem solved! My son loves it and I love that he has somewhere to hide his stuff!

Required Skill Level: 
Beginner
Estimated Time Investment: 
Afternoon Project (3-6 Hours)
Finish Used: 
I used a tint sample from the oops paint section. Three coats of chalkboard paint.
Estimated Cost: 
$15 - Mostly for hinges, and hinge supports, hook, and D-rings. I used wood from the cull at HD. I had the moulding on hand. What can I say, I am cheap!

Comments

I have been flipping back and forth trying to figure out how to install the hinges. I just realized you made the desk top larger to allow the hinge installation on the outside. Now I can get back to work!

Yes that was the big concern with this desk. Making the desk top larger and putting the hinges on the outside seemed the easiest way for me. I did have to cut little notches in the wood for the hinges to slide freely but it works. My son uses it all the time and I am so glad that I made it! Good luck!