Bedside Table

PDF versionPDF version

Additional Photos

About This Project

Ash legs and stud grade pine.

This was a bedside table I built to match the headboard. My wife wanted me to add a shelf from a plan she saw on a website. I simply used Ana's plans and changed them to meet my wife's wishes. It was a very simple project. I did use a plate joiner w/ biscuits and pocket holes with 1 1/4" screws for the joinery. I also added some 1" x 3" braces underneath as support.

Required Skill Level: 
Estimated Time Investment: 
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Finish Used: 
I mixed my own stains to get a brown tone base and then added a Minwax red chestnut stain on top of that. The polyurethane is Minwax fast drying (2 coats). The stains were applied with a brush and then wiped down with a cotton rag. The poly was applied with a brush. I sanded between the coats of poly using 320 grit paper.
Estimated Cost: 
$36 for the legs. The rest is left overs.


First off...THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Awesome Ideas you have posted! Being a Paramedic all my life I never knew how much I enjoyed working with wood.

But we have been crying over the last 2 days, it seems we cannot access the web site from our computers just our phones!

I hope and pray that this gets resolved really quickly ...we miss your site!

That would make me cry as well. I just love Ana and everyone on here. And thank you for your service in the medical field. I have known many that owe their lives to people like yourself.