About This Project
After over a year of other projects, I finally had the chance to completely redesign our master closet! I used EasyClosets.com to come up with the design again. :) I still have a few more tweaks here and there, but I absolutely love it! I surprised my husband for his birthday by doing this project while he was on a business trip. :)
Other than mounting these boxes to the studs, this project was built exclusively with my Kreg Jig. I drilled all of the adjustable shelving holes with a nifty Rockler Jig-It shelving jig - wish it had been the Kreg shelving jig, but I bought mine before Kreg came out with theirs. The Rockler one works great - I just love Kreg's stuff so I'm sure theirs is awesome too. ;)
I begged Kreg to let me buy their new circular saw rip cut product early for this project, but they said no. :-( Bummer because I saw Ana using hers and was so jealous! I had to rip all of my plywood the old fashioned way on the floor with my circular saw and lots of clamps. Yuck!
This time around, I used birch plywood. I used white pre-drilled melamine for both of my daughters closets (brag post here), but I didn't like working with that stuff. Too sharp, slippery and HEAVY. I did our spare bedroom closet with pine 1x12 boards a few months back. I think I liked working with the pine best..
After a few months, I purchased a bunch of Closetmaid Fabric Bins/Drawers and they look so good!