About This Project
This bed has been a true labour of love over the last few months!
I made all cuts with a hand saw, and mainly used a kreg jig to assemble the bed.
The 'insert' in the headboard is made from macrocarpa window trim and tongue-and-groove panelling, which was leftover from when my parents built their house. The rest I bought from a local supplier as rough sawn timber, which I got dressed by a woodworking guy who lives nearby. Had I bought all the timber I used, the cost would have been closer to $400.
I didn't add the moulding that is included in the plan - it's just my preference.
It took a bit of work to convert Ana's plans into metric measurements, but I got there in the end! I love my bed