Build a frame with clothespins for clipping photos! Free tutorial!
• 1 – 1x3 @ 12 feet long, pine furring strips
• 2 – 1x2 @ 8 feet long, pine furring strips
• 20 – 1 ¼” pocket hole screws
• 14 - #6 x ¾” Flat Head Screws http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100349325/h_d2/ProductDisplay?ca...
• Roll of twine
• 24 mini clothespins
• 2 – 1x3 pine furring strips 23 ¾” long
• 2 – 1x3 pine furring strips 37 ½” long
• 2 – 1x2 pine furring strips @ 28 ¾”
• 2 – 1x2 pine furring strips @ 39”
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
Take a small drill bit sized to fit your small screws and measure 1/2" on it and mark with tape. This will help guide you to not drill your holes too deep. Then drill pilot holes as noted in diagram. Insert screws and tighten, leaving enough room to wrap twine around.
Tie off twine at first screw, zig zag across screws to create the clotheslines, tie off on final end screws. Attach photos with mini clothespins.