Headboard for Queen size storage bed

Primary tabs

Help us get rid of spam!

Hey there!  Ana here.  If you got a second and see a comment that you suspect is spam, please click the "This Comment is Spam" text at the bottom of the comment.  Sure appreciate the help! 

PDF versionPDF version

Additional Photos

About This Project

Poplar

Several months ago I built the queen sized storage bed for my son and daughter-in-law. They are so happy with it. But, recently, my son's sweet wife asked me if I would make a headboard for their bed. She'd seen a picture on Pinterest of just what she wanted - and guess what? It was Ana's plan.
The headboard went together beautifully. I made a couple of minor changes (no side pieces on the legs, an extra top piece and a tiny trim piece added). I also made it a bit smaller in width. Each leg sits about an inch and a half behind the sides of the bed, which enabled my son to attach it by screwing through the bed into the legs.
I also made floating night stands (so they can open the drawers in the bed!). No pictures of those, but they're stained to match and my kids love how everything turned out! It's so nice when things turn out well.

Required Skill Level: 
Beginner
Estimated Time Investment: 
Day Project (6-9 Hours)
Finish Used: 
Minwax Espresso, 3 coats, sanded lightly between coats and wiped off with damp cloth. Minwax rub on polyurethane (I think it was satin). 3 coats, sanded lightly between 1st and 2nd coat.
Estimated Cost: 
About $85 in materials. I had screws, glue, stain, finish.