About This Project
This was our first project from Ana-white. Make sure you notice that the dimensions on the cut list & drawings are different! We went by the cut list. We made a slight change to the frame on the end supports: instead of a 2x2, we used a 2x8. We felt more secure about people/kids pushing down on the edge of the table since we were able to both notch and put two screws into that end piece.
We used Aspen for the top, which I would not suggest. It ended up soaking up the stain very unevenly and blotching, even after using pre-stain.
For hardware, we used a 5 foot black iron pipe from Lowe's. Once we had the table assembled and the holes drilled, we remeasured and had Lowe's trim it by a few inches and re-thread (for free). We also used four square washers from McMaster-Carr (part no. 91128a140) which were $11after shipping.
We made our own wood putty out of sawdust, craft glue, and a little bit of the stain that we used for the table. It worked like a charm.
The two of us spent maybe 5 hours for assembly and another 6 for finishing.