About This Project
This was a fan and easy project to build. I wanted the sides a little bit more decorative so I added a tree branch effect instead of the x's. I used a paint samples from lowes and did the under coat of paint in a rusty orange color. I put Vaseline on the parts I wanted to look weathered when the paint was dry. Then I found a diy chalk paint recipe online and did the outer coat again with a lowes paint sample in a reddish color that I mixed to make the chalk paint. When it was dry I sanded the parts tht had Vaseline to let the orange come out. Then I took minwax finishing paste wax and polished the whole thing. I reduced the size of the console to half and added 3 inches to fit perfectly under my tv.