About This Project
Ok, so I was looking for a new headboard and stumbled on the plans for this Upholstered Bed.
Being without my full compliment of work this winter, I figured, what the heck. I'll try it.
Off I went to Home Depot, bought the supplies and got started.
I should mention that this was my first time doing any sort of carpentry, I have never used a jigsaw, and I had to borrow all the tools.
I found this SUPER easy! I had the headboard support finished in under an hour. Then I took my time cutting the plywood, just to make sure I didn't make any mistakes.
**I should mention right now, if you are planning on using a heavy upholstery fabric like I did, when you cut out the headboard insert, make 2 cuts! I wasn't able to get the insert to lay flush because the fabric was so thick! (I have since taking the picture added decorative trim to hide the little gaps)***
Once I had my plywood cut, I had no problem attaching it to the frame. The upholstery was a 2 person job that took a little time and a lot of staples, but not difficult.
I chose to tuft the headboard insert, and am so happy I did. It was time consuming, but worth it in the end.
All said and done, this took me a little over a week to complete. I had the construction done within a day or two, but the upholstery was very time consuming.
I love my new bed!