About This Project
I am all about charm and character, but when it comes to my 1940s brick bungalow, the plaster ceiling cracks got on my nerves. Every changing season brought the inevitable expansion and contraction that would leave new mapped territory on the ceilings in the bedrooms. I usually just mudded over them and smoothed them out with a bit of paint, but that was getting old. So, I decided, after much brainstorming, to come up with a permanent solution. I created a ceiling treatment using beadboard and lightweight trim board to make a faux beamed ceiling. The rooms look great and I finished the look with crown moulding. I chronicled the project with detailed step-by-step directions and photos on my blog: www.momthebuilder.net. Check it out and let me know what you think!