About This Project
I have been wanting to build a window cornice for the laundry / mudroom and decided it was finally time. This project was very easy and inexpensive. Luckily, I was able to use some leftover MDF and only had to purchase and 8ft piece of trim. Everything things else I already had.
1. Using left over MDF the front and sides of cornice were measured, mitered and glued together using Loctite power grab (very strong glue).
2. Once glue dried, L brackets were placed on the corner insides for additional reinforcement. Probably not necessary since Loctite power grab is some super strong glue, but I did it anyway. ;)
3. Attached top piece of cornice using nail gun and #18, 1 3/4 inch nails.
4. Mitered trim pieces and glued on using Loctite power grab.
5. Paint cornice.
6. Attach L brackets onto top window frame.
7. Mount cornice onto L brackets. Once in place, I used #6, 1/2 inch wood screws to secure the cornice onto the L brackets.
Again, this was an easy and a fun starter / beginner project. :)
For more info, please check out my window cornice blog post.