About This Project
I modified these plans just a bit. I added 10 inches to make it 48 inches across. I also used a 1x3 on the top face frame instead of a 1x2. The plan calls for just a 1x12 on the top but I wanted it to be wider so I used my Kreg Jig to add two 1x2's to make the top 15 inches deep. I planned on staining the whole thing but made a few errors and had to paint the bottom as it is more forgiving. I loved how Brooke used the coffee staining technique but didn't like the way it was turning out so I just went with distressing the edges and staining the top like she did on her coffee table with the stain I had on hand. It took only a few hours to make the bench and about 3 days to finish it as I worked in the evenings after work.