My version of the Shirley table

Primary tabs

Help us get rid of spam!

Hey there!  Ana here.  If you got a second and see a comment that you suspect is spam, please click the "This Comment is Spam" text at the bottom of the comment.  Sure appreciate the help! 

PDF versionPDF version

Additional Photos

About This Project

This project was done casually over a series of weekends.

I used the base plan for the Shirley Console table and modified it by using 2x2s instead of the 1x2s and changed the lengths to fit in a space between my sets of stairs. The drawers were easier to install than I first thought, however I should have placed the slides up a little further up than I did (I should have researched it a tad more.) For the drawers I found some knobs from Anthropologie that seemed to fit well with the personality of the table.

I'm a hobbyist but I am very pleased with the end result and wanted to share - this site has been a real inspiration for me and was the push to try something I'd always wanted to but was not confident enough to do. Thank you, Ana.

Knotty Pine, studboard
Required Skill Level: 
Intermediate
Estimated Time Investment: 
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Finish Used: 
Two coatings of Saman Azure blue stain for frame, one coat of minwax dark walnut stain. Two coats of Poly satin. Stain was applied using sponge then wiped off with rag.
Estimated Cost: 
Wood $40, Stain $30, Knobs $16

Comments