Build your own farmhouse style pedestal table for about $110! Perfect for a breakfast nook or family dining room. Use an octagon top or circular top. Free plans for large octagon table with pedestal base and truss supports from Ana-White.com
Pin For Later!
7 - 1x6 @ 8 feet long (cut longest first)
2- 2x2 @ 8 feet long
2 - 2x6 @ 8 feet long
1 - 1x8 @ 6 feet long
1 - 2x8 @ 6 feet long
2 - 2x3 @ 8 feet long screws and nails
- 4 - 1x6 @ 5-1/4" (long point measurment, one end cut at 30 degree bevel)
- 2 - 1x6 @ 18-1/2" (long point measurmenet, one end cut at 30 degree bevel)
- 2 - 2x6 @ 18-1/8" (long point measurmenet, one end cut at 45 degree bevel)
- 2 - 1x6 @ 16-1/8" 1 - 1x6 @ 44" (long point measurmenet, both ends cut at 30 degree bevel)
- 1 - 2x6 @ 43-1/8" (long point measurmenet, both ends cut at 45 degree bevel)
- 1 - 1x6 @ 39-1/8"
- 2 - 1x8 @ 27-3/4"
- 1 - 1x8 @ 5-1/2" (cut to width of 1x6s)
- 2 - 1x6 @ 24"
- 2 - 2x6 @ 23 1/4"
- 1 - 2x8 @ 52"
- 4 - 1x6 @ 56-1/2"
- 2 - 1x6 @ 56-1/2" CUT TO FIT!!! (long point to long point, both ends cut at 45 degrees off square)
- 2 - 1x6 @ 45-1/2" CUT TO FIT!!! (long point to long point, both ends cut at 45 degrees off square)
- 2 - 1x6 @ 34-1/2" CUT TO FIT!!! (long point to long point, both ends cut at 45 degrees off square)
- CUT 2x2 trim pieces to fit
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
For more details on the finish, more photos, and for building tips, please visit Ashley at Shanty2Chic.
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.