Apothecary Console

I completed this project using pine plywood for the body and doors and a pine board for the top. Modifications included omitting the drawers and adding doors instead. Side doors open up to adjustable shelves, which I used the Kreg Shelf Pin Jig to create the holes. The hardest part was fitting the doors. I would suggest waiting until the unit is build, then cut to size leaving space for your paint or polyurethane finish. The hinges are from Lowes and the knobs are from Hobby Lobby. I did add veneer edging to the front as well as the sides of the doors- this was a bit messy and I spent a lot of time sanding off the adhesive that seeped out the sides. I used an old iron I picked up at Goodwill so I wouldn't ruin my clothing iron.

Estimated Cost
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Type of Wood
Pine Plywood, Pine board
Finish Used
Applied two coats of a mixture of 1/2 Varathane Wood Stain in American Walnut, 1/2 Varathane Wood Stain in Dark Walnut. Followed this with two coats of Varathane Gel Stain in Dark Walnut. Finished with three coats of Minwax wipe-on poly.
Recommended Skill Level

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors