Distressed Rustic x console

Submitted by Brad Wills on Sun, 09/29/2013 - 18:50

Really like the plan for this table, just not enough space. So I decided to shrink the overall length to 45 1/2 and then just adjusted from there. Stained the entire project and painted the base. After some sanding to distress, I poly coated the entire project.

Staining the top and the X's to match was my wife's idea. It came out great.

This was only the second thing I have ever built, and I have to say the Kreg Jig made it fun, rather than frustrating and stressful.

My first project was from the adirondack table plan, it came out great too. So glad I found your site!

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
100.00
Estimated Time Investment
Day Project (6-9 Hours)
Type of Wood
Pine
Finish Used
Stain with flat paint overlay poly for final coat
Recommended Skill Level
Beginner

Comments

bullitt453

Mon, 09/30/2013 - 09:29

The finish on this is absolutely perfect. I built the workbench console table for my dining area a few months ago. Really like how it turned out, but have been considering selling it and building this to go in its place. This may push me in that direction again. Excellent job.

Brad Wills

Tue, 10/08/2013 - 17:33

I used varythane dark walnut stain on the entire project and then painted over with glidden flat in a sage green. Once I 220 sanded the entire project, which aged the green, and took the paint down to stain in areas, I coated twice with varythane polycrylic.