New dressers to match the nightstands. I modified the plans to make three smaller drawers up top and added a flip-up compartment for small stuff like jewelry, hair brushes and trinkets etc. It was fun to get more creative.
I made two at the same time so the wood and stain would be more consistent. However, in hindsight, I will never do any project that requires me to make 14 drawers at the same time again. I also used planked 1x4s instead of plywood for the sides and tops for looks. This made the dressers about an inch or so narrower. I used 2x4s instead of 2x2s for the bottoms of the frames to beef it up and reduce deflection, and also did not use braces in the back.
Wood -> $245/dresser
Hardware -> $ 150/dresser
Strain -> $20/dresser