Hi. I'm a grandmother of 7, living in North East Texas. Dumpster diving, repurposing, gardening and imagining are my favorite activities. Building from scratch is new to me... well, building furniture anyway. Alongside my husband we've built, a greenhouse, decks, pergolas, sheds and the like, so I'm familiar with tools and terms. One of hubby's fav terms, that does not work in furniture building is "close enough".
I'm lucky to have a shop to work in. The shop has 2 roll up doors, so when the weather is nice, the doors are up and neighbors can see me. Last week I was busy on the dress up tower when I heard a lady from the RV park next door hollar, "There's a WOMAN building furniture over there!" Then another voice, "A WOMAN? NO!" And here they came, gushing, oohing and awwing. Made my year. Lol.
- I am also new in DIY and was 21 min 35 sec ago
- They are a regular hardware 1 hour 57 min ago
- Really loving this site 3 hours 16 min ago
- barn greenhouse 5 hours 33 min ago
- Thanks for the answer - helper stool 6 hours 51 min ago
- Side brackets 7 hours 18 min ago
- Metric building material sizes 8 hours 21 min ago
- Link to Helper Tower plan 8 hours 52 min ago
- uk sizes 9 hours 11 min ago
- Boy it makes me feel old when 13 hours 4 min ago
If you appreciate the free content of this site, please thank our sponsors.
My To-do list
|Title||Post Date||Type||Published||Add comment link||Delete link||Edit link|
|Dress Up Tower for my four year old Granddaughter||November 11 2011||Brag Post||Yes|