Hi. I'm a grandmother of 7, living in North East Texas. Dumpster diving, repurposing, gardening and imagining are my favorite activities. Building from scratch is new to me... well, building furniture anyway. Alongside my husband we've built, a greenhouse, decks, pergolas, sheds and the like, so I'm familiar with tools and terms. One of hubby's fav terms, that does not work in furniture building is "close enough".
I'm lucky to have a shop to work in. The shop has 2 roll up doors, so when the weather is nice, the doors are up and neighbors can see me. Last week I was busy on the dress up tower when I heard a lady from the RV park next door hollar, "There's a WOMAN building furniture over there!" Then another voice, "A WOMAN? NO!" And here they came, gushing, oohing and awwing. Made my year. Lol.
- Paint Colour 2 hours 36 min ago
- I love the table. Where did 7 hours 15 min ago
- Oil Based or Water Based Paint? 8 hours 10 min ago
- Fascinating post! That’s 15 hours 19 min ago
- Easy to understand written up 15 hours 20 min ago
- To read this post I got ideas 15 hours 22 min ago
- One 1x4x8 short 16 hours 6 min ago
- Measurements 19 hours 21 min ago
- How to easily get the name on straight??? 20 hours 16 min ago
- Great job - would love to see follow up pictures! 1 day 9 hours ago
If you appreciate the free content of this site, please thank our sponsors.
My To-do list
|Title||Post Date||Type||Published||Add comment link||Delete link||Edit link|
|Dress Up Tower for my four year old Granddaughter||November 11 2011||Brag Post||Yes|