Hi. I'm a grandmother of 7, living in North East Texas. Dumpster diving, repurposing, gardening and imagining are my favorite activities. Building from scratch is new to me... well, building furniture anyway. Alongside my husband we've built, a greenhouse, decks, pergolas, sheds and the like, so I'm familiar with tools and terms. One of hubby's fav terms, that does not work in furniture building is "close enough".
I'm lucky to have a shop to work in. The shop has 2 roll up doors, so when the weather is nice, the doors are up and neighbors can see me. Last week I was busy on the dress up tower when I heard a lady from the RV park next door hollar, "There's a WOMAN building furniture over there!" Then another voice, "A WOMAN? NO!" And here they came, gushing, oohing and awwing. Made my year. Lol.
- Pub Table submitted by Old Man 4 hours 1 min ago
- Please send me the plans 4 hours 5 min ago
- Great job! 4 hours 51 min ago
- Can you email this plan? 5 hours 14 min ago
- Thank you! 5 hours 15 min ago
- Headboard? 5 hours 21 min ago
- what type of wood!??? 8 hours 13 min ago
- Pocket Screws? 9 hours 38 min ago
- Very Nice 9 hours 40 min ago
- Thanks for Sharing! 9 hours 44 min ago
If you appreciate the free content of this site, please thank our sponsors.
My To-do list
|Title||Post Date||Type||Published||Add comment link||Delete link||Edit link|
|Dress Up Tower for my four year old Granddaughter||November 11 2011||Brag Post||Yes|