Free plans to build an animal book cart. You can easily customize the front for any type of animal. Easy to build with just a few tools and step by step diagrams and lots of photos.
- 1x6 - 28" of board needed
- 1/2" plywood - 12" x 36"
- 4 - 2" bolts with nuts, washers for attaching wheels
- Rope (about 2 feet) and dowel piece or scrap wood can be used
- 1-1/4" brad nails
- Wood glue
- 2 - 1x6 @ 13-1/2"
- 1 - 1/2" plywood @ 12" x 5-1/2"
- 1 - 1/2" plywood 12" x 14-1/2"
- Cut front 12" wide by desired height of ears from 1/2" plywood
- Cut wheels from scrap 1/2" plywood
Cut wood pieces according to cut list.
Cut front piece larger and draw animal ears on top of wood piece. Cut out with jigsaw.
Attach 1/2" plywood to the 1x6 ends with 1-1/4" brad nails and wood glue.
Nail the bottom on with 1-1/4" brad nails and wood glue.
Cut wheels out about 4" diameter (can be larger but shouldn't be much smaller) with a jigsaw from leftover 1/2" plywood.
Drill holes in the center of the wheels slightly larger than your bolt shaft.
Drill holes in the 1x6 cart sides, about 1/2" up on the 1x6, and install wheels on the cart.
Add optional rope with handle to front by drilling out a hole in the front, and placing a knot on the back of the rope so it can't pull through the hole.
We apologize if there was an error in this plan. Please help us out and report any errors here.