Barn door entertainment centers are a smart and beautiful solution to a tv in the living room. The barn door easily slides open to hide or display the tv.
Our woodworking plans make it easy to build your own barn door cabinet - for just a fraction of the cost to buy. It's easy to modify to fit your space and storage needs. Our step by step plans include shopping list, cut list and full 3d diagrams. Plans by Ana White.
- 8 - 1x12 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 1x12 @ 10 feet long - cut 27-3/4" and 77-1/4" from this board
- 2 - sheets 1/4" plywood
- 4 - 1x2 @ 6 feet long
- 2 - 1x4 @ 8 feet long
- 8 foot barn door track system
- Materials for door not included in shopping list - built to suit hardware
- 1 - 1x12 @ 96" - top
- 2 - 1x12 @ 77-1/4" - sides
- 2 - 1x12 @ 73-3/4" - divider
- 1 - 1x12 @ 94-1/2" - bottom shelf
- 1 - 1x12 @ 47-1/4" - tv shelf (add two more shelves for no tv)
- 1 - 1x12 @ 27-3/4" - tv shelf divider
- 8 - 1x12 @ 22-7/8" - side tower shelves
- 2 - 1x12 @ 23-1/4" - middle shelves
- 1 - 1/4" plywood @ 48" x 78" - middle back
- 2 - 1/4" plywood @ 24" x 78" - side back
- 2 - 1x4 @ 96" - top and bottom face frame
- 4 - 1x2 @ 71 - face frame stiles
- BARN DOOR - CUT TO FIT AND TO HARDWARE KIT Materials not included in materials list
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.