Free build plans for this wood Christmas Tree Shelf.
Decorate and display with a Christmas Tree Shelf! Perfect for Advent Calendar, displaying Christmas Cards, or hanging stockings. Our tree shelf features four shelves and hooks. Built by Jaime Costiglio, free step by step plans from Ana-White.com
- 12 feet of 1x4 or 1x3 boards (I used 1x3s in the video, Jaime used 1x4s)
- 1/4" plywood 6" x 15" or larger (for just one portion, will need more plywood for covering multiple portions)
- 1-1/4"and 3/4" brad nails
- 3 hooks
- Hanging kit or screws for hanging to studs in wall
You can directly substitute 1x3s for 1x4s in the below cut listTRUNK
- 1 - 1x4 @ 16-1/4"
- 2 - 1x4 @ 3-1/2" or 1x3 @ 2-1/2"MAIN TREE - SAW BEVEL IS 25 DEGREES
- 1 - 1x4 @ 18-3/4" longest point to longest point both ends cut at 25 degrees bevel
- 6 - 1x4 @ 7-1/2" long point to short point, both ends cut at 25 degrees bevel
- 1 - 1x4 @ 15-1/8" longest point to longest point both ends cut at 25 degrees bevel
- 1 - 1x4 @ 11-3/8" longest point to longest point both ends cut at 25 degrees bevelTREETOP - CHANGE SAW BEVEL TO 30 DEGREES
- 1 - 1x4 @ 7-3/4" long point to long point, both ends cut at 30 degrees bevel
- 1 - 1x4 @ 8-5/8" long point to long point, both ends cut at 30 degrees bevel
- 1 - 1x4 @ 9-1/2" long point to long point, both ends cut at 30 degrees bevel
- Scrap 1/4" plywood for filling in second shelf approximately 6" x 15"
Use proper safety and read all power tool manuals and follow safety guidelines while using power tools.
Use a jigsaw to cut out the side support pieces in a decorative shape before cutting - once you cut into the small piece, it's hard to clamp down and make the decorative cuts. Attach to back piece. You can use 1-1/4" nails and glue or screws to attach.
Use 1-1/4" brad nails and glue to attach bottom shelf to supports and back.
Use 1-1/4" brad nails and glue to attach a pair of sides to the bottom shelf.
Continue working upward, attaching the shelves and sides, with 1-1/4" brad nails and glue.
First, attach the bottom board to the rest of the project as you did all other shelves.
Then attach the sides to the bottom board to complete the tree.
Use 1-1/4" brad nails and glue.
Trace out the second to top shelf on to 1/4" thick plywood. Cut out with circular saw. Glue and nail in place with 3/4" brad nails.
Attach project to wall, preferably through bottom and back plywood pieces.
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.
We apologize if there was an error in this plan. Please help us out and report any errors here.