CLOSED: Win $150 to Build a New Desk

Submitted by Ana White on Sun, 08/16/2020 - 12:44

UPDATE: Winners have been notified, thank you everyone who entered!

We are giving away building cash to THREE lucky loyal readers to build the Brookstone Desk!  It's easy to enter.

Here's How to Enter

• You must be a registered user of this site with at least three original brag posts published under your user account to be eligible.
  • If you win this contest, you agree to build this Brookstone Desk, and create a brag post with at least three photos of the final product by September 17, 2020. You agree to allow Ana-White.com to share your photos throughout their associated social media channels and website.
  • To enter, while logged in to your Ana-White.com user account, leave a comment below letting us know why you should be given this opportunity by August 22, 2020.
  • If you are selected as a winner, we will email you directly using the email account associated with your Ana-White.com account

Comments

ladybug'13

Sun, 08/16/2020 - 20:06

I've got little ones about to start the school year and who are constantly doing projects. My oldest has been asking for her own desk for her room and this would be perfect. I'd would do the hutch for it as well. I would have her help me build it. She and I built a birdhouse out of some scraps and she very much enjoyed it. It would make me a very proud mama if my littles got into creating beautiful things and took pride in it.

kylestokes@ymail.com

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 07:22

This would be a fun project to build my kids. This year we are choosing to do the virtual school instead of blended learning. It would be wonderful to give them their own space instead of just utilizing the kitchen table. I also am working from home, so I do plan on making one of these for myself since I am currently using a WW2 wooden field desk as my current workstation. Don't get me wrong it is real cool, but not real sturdy..

robertwetzel7

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 07:30

Would love this opportunity. Each build I do I get better. Turns out that I need to build a desk for my office area because I will be working from home from now on. That way I do not have to share my wife’s space. Thank you again for your consideration!

amgibson2

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 07:36

Contest Entry

I'm going to be building some desks for my kids this week or next and this woild be great.

dhoop31

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 08:04

I would love to build this project for a lady who I work with. She is having to work from home for an extended period of time and frankly can't afford a desk. There are many staff members who have been looking for something economical for her to use and this would be perfect. Would love to see her joy when she learns that she will have a brand new custom desk to work from.

Cheers!

Ulrike

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 08:16

I would love to build that desk for my home office. We have been working from home since March and I only have a POS desk that is very wobbly and barely wide enough to hold 2 monitors. The thing almost collapsed when we tried to set our VariDesk on it as it could not hold the weight. This would force me to look past the 90-100 degree weather we have been having and just get it done.

Abby721

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 09:16

I would love the opportunity to build this desk! I built my daughter a desk for her room when she entered Kindergarten and now my son is starting Kindergarten so this would be a perfect build for him! Also we will likely be doing homeschool this year and will need a dedicated space for our older kids to do their work.

Joella C

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 13:24

I recently joined within the last month and have been so inspired....I’ve built 2 Truss Tables for my backyard, so I could have a “Socially Distant” birthday party for my husband and his twin....celebrating with their 2 siblings and spouses....I additionally made 3 benches for the tables and 2 simple chairs (dining room size) to go with it....as a nurse...plans are important and building is scary to someone like me...but yours are incredibly clear and streamlined!

As school gets back into swing....my 19 year old triplets, entering their Sophmore year at college, will now be at home as will be my Husband working from home....so desk space around here is spread out and desks are a premium! I will definitely be making this desk ASAP!

joshua.b.harper7

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 18:45

Hi, I al looking to build a new desk for my youngest daughter for her to use for school. I built one for my oldest earlier on. She needs a place to focus on her studies with this pandemic going on. This site has been a blessing to me. It has sparked a real joy within me. I have fallen in love with woodworking and I cannot stop thinking of future projects and what I want to do. I love the plans and how simple they are to follow. I would love to build this and hope to be chosen. Thank you and stay healthy!

boneill

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 19:07

I just love this site and your a true inspiration. I never imagined that I could build these custom woodworking plans until I found this website . I started off my first project ever made few months ago and now I have a new favorite hobby.

I’d like to be considered for the contest for the opportunity to build my kiddos a really cool desk plan that they would sure love and to be associated with the Ana White site at the same time would be amazing . Your my celebrity and such a inspiration. It would be fun to include my sons in this build with me as a family as well for good long memories.

gardner2303

Mon, 08/17/2020 - 19:32

Working on renovating our basement for home schooling my two grade school kids this year due to CV19. Love all your plans and look forward to continuing as I work through new projects

project101

Wed, 08/19/2020 - 20:00

I have a retired neighbor who looks forward to doing projects with me. from gardening, starting seeds, fishing.
He has all the tools in his shed but never took up woodworking. One day I watched your youtube video as I wanted to learn basic woodworking. I was so inspired watching your shows. My first tool was the Kreg Jig and it didnt take us that long we were making simple tables for other neighbors without me having to hold one piece of the leg and the other end on a vise to fasten joints.
we had a great time learning together and we are always looking for more ways learn.
this table would be a nice addition to his shed.
he has a really beat up table and I have always wanted to build one for him. We can build this together. I think he will like this design a lot. it will be a great surprise.

InstinctiveID

Wed, 08/19/2020 - 20:40

Definitely looking to hone in on my skills and learn more! I followed a previous plan for outdoor patio furniture. My family loves it, but I seen few ways I could have improved. I’ve always loved woodworking since I was a kid watching my mom. I just want to dive in and become more confident. My husband has been an awesome cheerleader in this journey and I want to prove to him I CAN DO IT‼️Plus.... this would be an awesome addition to my crafting area 😉‼️

Mrsmike

Thu, 08/20/2020 - 04:26

This is exactly what I'm looking for in a desk for my master bedroom! I have to work from home for the rest of the year and I need a desk for my laptop and second monitor. My husband and I build together and we've already made several of your projects. Thanks for considering us!!

DaltonSignature

Mon, 08/31/2020 - 07:15

This would be fun! I'm in the middle of building two desks for our children using plans from your site! I build the "Modern 2x2 Desk Base." And, now I'm building the top, “Desktop with Storage Compartments.”
I already customized the same plane to build a 10' wide desk in our office using 2x2's! If I win this contest I'll build a desk for my wife.

abbietmp

Tue, 09/08/2020 - 03:15

Going to a couple’s counselor or workshop once a year or so is also a good way to keep your relationship healthy. You may not think you need it, but you may be surprised how much closer it brings you. Additionally, reading a relationship book together can also help you to maintain your relationship. Tutuapp Vidmate