Tried to replicate the Double Pedestal table that has no plans provided. I had to modify a bit to the specifications i wanted. Table top bowed up a bit at the ends after i glued it up and when i tried to attach it to the base, it pulled one side of the base up. To fix this, i added a couple of cross beams at the top of the base, to stablilize the base a bit.
I finished with a minwax gel stain, i forget the color. It was a bit too dark for my liking, so when it dried, i took a cabinet scraper (or card scraper) and scraped off some of the finish. Pretty pleased with how it turned out. then i added 3 coats of lacquer.