This is my first completed project from Ana's website!! I used a 1x3 around the picture and then a 1x2 for the trim. I bought a corner clamp to hold the corners together while I nailed.
The picture I made it for is 17" x 14 1/4" so I just took off 1/4" all the way around the picture to measure the length and width of the frame.
I think it turned out pretty good, but there were a few things that didn't turn out as planned. I didn't wipe up the glue that seeped out of the cracks good enough, and so my stain has a few "unstained" areas. Also, my last piece of trim didn't fit very well, so I had to cut another one that fit better.
Since this is my first project, I'm pretty proud of the way it turned out :)
Stain in "Red Oak" (1 coat)