I made a pair of Channing desks, one for each son to match the Channing Bookcases I'd made previously using another one of Ana's plans! I followed the directions pretty much exactly, except for a couple of minor changes. On the tops, I wanted to router the edges to add detail, and to make it neat I covered the ply end-grain with some pine 2x1's. At the end (step 15) of the build I added the extra support. 2x1 at the front to match the rail above the drawer, and 2x2 at back to make the RHS legs properly sturdy.
Overall, the project was not particularly difficult, the building took about 3 days to complete both desks. As usual the finishing always takes longer than the building, and in this case it took 4 days. This was mostly due to the 6 hrs between coats for the varnish.
I sprayed the white desk (masking the top) with satin door trim paint I had available, and I used clear satin varnish on the top as a contrast.
The other desk has 1 coat of sealer and 3 coats of chocolate walnut satin stain/varnish.
I'm very happy with the results - but I'm not really sure which one is my favourite!