I used baltic birch ply (two sheets) plus some 1x3s and 1x2s. I had to modify the dimensions to suit my space (a wall space between a window and sliding glass door.
The dimensions of the 1x2"s we a little hard to adjust. Mostly my math.
I still need to add drawers, but I like the color contrast between the top, base and trim.
I used General Finishes Java gel stain for the top. General Finishes driftwood for the bottom trim. Basic white paint for the bases. I also used General Finishes High Performance Poly (2 coats).
If I had to do it again, I would paint the bases in the Driftwood color and wax the whole thing. Also, I wouldn't apply the stain in hot sun. It came out really dark and was impossible to wipe off the excess. Also, never leave a ironed on edge banding in the sun. This lost adhesion and I had to re-iron it on.
Fun project. First use of pocket holes.
I love the fact that it's modular and the angle gives you twice as much surface area. I get the feeling this will be with me for years to come in some room or another.
General Finishes Milk Paint - Driftwood
General Finishes High Performance Polyurethane