Window bird feeder

Submitted by CSaintD on Mon, 04/18/2016 - 08:22

Made the birdfeeder by Ana for my Daughter in-law's birthday. She loves it and so does her cat. My bandsaw stopped working, so had to cut the center out with an oscilatting saw. Surprisingly it worked really well.
The hardest part was figuring out where to get suction cups without the hooks on them. Ended up at Michaels where I found some rated for 7 pounds of weight. They seem to be holding up well. I ended up screwing them into the back of the birdhouse. Tried construction adhesive and it just did not hold.

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
Used all scrap, but had to purchase suction cups which were about $6 total.
Estimated Time Investment
Afternoon Project (3-6 Hours)
Finish Used
painted with indoor/outdoor paint, then decorated with craft paints and spar varnish to protect finish.
Recommended Skill Level
Beginner

Comments

CSaintD

Mon, 04/18/2016 - 08:34

I always have such trouble posting brags to this site. It takes about 7 tries to do it. You have to have the exact URL of the plan you are basing your brag off of, and then it loses the links to the pictures. Finally got this one posted and now it doesn't show up on the front page in the brag area. I have tried viewing it with both Chrome and Internet Explorer. Really frustrating.

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors