Build your own media wall with our Rebecca Media Suite collection of plans. In this plan, you can build your own side cabinets, shown on either side of the center console plans. Adjust the width to fit your space and needs.
Our step by step plans with full diagrams make it easy.
- 1- sheet 3/4" plywood
- 1- sheet 1/4" plywood
- 4- 8ft 1x2's
- 3- 8ft 1x3's
- 52" of 2" tall base molding
- 4 @ 11 3/4" x 33 3/4"
- 2 @ 11 3/4" x 25 1/2"
- 2 @ 11/3/4" x 24"
- 2 @ 25 1/2" x 34 1/2"
- 2 @ 18 1/4" x 25 1/2" (these are your door fronts, your measurements might be different)
- 2 @ 32 1/4"
- 4 @ 25 1/2" (These are your door frames cut for a mitered angle. Your measurements will be different if you are doing a butt joint)
- 4 @ 24" (These are your door frames cut for a mitered angle. Your measurements will be different if you are doing a butt joint)
- We recommend ripping the plywood into strips 11-3/4" wide x 8 feet long. Then just cross cut the strips to create the pieces needed in the cut list.
- If you are only making one of these units, you could buy a 10 ft 1x12 instead of the 3/4" plywood and it would be enough for the box. Just remember that sometimes a 1x12 is only 11-1/4" not 11 3/4"
- If you would like to add a shelf inside the cupboards you will need to purchase extra wood - we recommend 1x12s for the shelves.
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.
We apologize if there was an error in this plan. Please help us out and report any errors here.