I built this bed for my parent's guest room at my sister's house. It is very similar to a bed mom had been wanting. They wanted a king size so I had to do some modifications to the original plan - primarily adding 16" to all width measurements. I also used 10 - 1x8s for the headboard panels. That made the panels slightly too wide, so I had to rip a little bit off the 2 end panels.
The hardest part of the project was getting it in her house! The legs made it about 1/4" too wide to fit it thru the door. We were about to remove the legs (which would have been a disaster since they were glued, screwed and painted on) when we finally figured out the right angle to squeeze it in. I had to touch up the paint in a few spots once we got it in position, but that was much better than having to remove legs and put them back on. We still need to get plywood for the mattress to sit on and I'm going to add a middle leg for extra support since it's a king. I will probably eventually build nightstands to go with it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out since this is my largest and "fanciest" project so far.