Diy Upholstered Settee

I started off with Ana's plans and kinda went rogue from there. The idea of creating those curved back legs scared me so I thought I'd sacrifice an Ikea dining chair and use it as the legs. When I ruined one of the legs I decided that I'd come too far to back out and that I must continue. I adapted many conventional methods to make the settee but I'm super pleased with the outcome. For the full step by step on how I completed the settee, please check it out here Part 1 Part 2 Part 3


Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
Pine, Poplar, Oak
Finish Used
Rustoleum Ultimate in American Walnut, Rustoleum Ultimate Polyurethane in Satin.
Navy Blue Upholstery Velvet, French Natural Nailhead Trim.
Recommended Skill Level


Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors