Modified Subway Tile bookcase

The next part of the master bedroom makeover is finished! This is by far the most square project that I have done to date, and the first one that is built almost entirely with the kreg jig. I LOVE that tool--thanks Ana for letting us all know about it!
I modified this in length and width, and omitted the footer at the bottom. I built this (at Dh's suggestion) in such a way that it could be turned vertically. You would see a few of the pocket holes, but not much. Other than that, it was built to the plans.
Sanded, woodfilled, sanded, sanded...primed and painted. I used spray paint--Rustoleum this time. I am the world's worst photographer--it's just not my skill set!

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
~70.00 for the wood and paint/primer. All else I had on hand.
Estimated Time Investment
Day Project (6-9 Hours)
Type of Wood
Whitewood 1x12, 1x2s, scrap plywood
Finish Used
Rustoleum primer and paint--ultra cover satin in Lagoon and Eden(green). Several thin coats applied.
Recommended Skill Level
Beginner

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors