You can build this desk with just a few tools and off the shelf lumber. This farmhouse style desk looks like a million bucks, but only cost $55 to build. Free plans with step by step diagrams, shopping and cut list by Ana White.
- 5 – 2x4 @ 8 feet long
- 1 – 1x4 @ 8 feet long
- 2 – 2x12 @ 6 feet long OR 4 – 2x6 @ 6 feet long
- 2 ½” self tapping wood screws for countersinking
- 2 ½” Pocket Hole screws
- 2 – 2x4 @ 20”
- 4 – 1x4 @ 18”
- 8 – 2x4 @ 10 ¾” (long point to long point, both ends cut NOT parallel at 45 degrees off square)
- 4 – 2x4 @ 21” ¾” (long point to long point, both ends cut NOT parallel at 45 degrees off square)
- 4 – 2x4 @ 21”
- 4 – 1x4 @ 3 ½”
- 3 – 2x4 @ 59”
- 2 – 2x4 @ 30 ¾” (long point to short point, both ends cut parallel at 45 degrees off square) - CUT TO FIT
- 2 – 2x12 @ 72” OR 4 2x6 @ 72” - Tabletop
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.
We apologize if there was an error in this plan. Please help us out and report any errors here.