Make your own vertical tiered planter for flowers or herbs using cedar fence pickets! Free plans from www.Ana-White.com
- 3 - 5-1/2" wide cedar fence pickets
- 2 - 1x2 @ 8 feet long
- I used 1-1/4" galvanized staples to attach but you could also use screws or brad nails in the same length, exterior appropriate
- 3 - 5 1/2" cedar fence picket @ 15"
- 6 - 5 1/2" cedar fence picket @ 5 1/2"
- 6 - 5 1/2" cedar fence picket @ 16" (cut last to fit)
- 2 - 1x2 @ 24"
- 1 - 1x2 @ 16"
- 2 - 1x2 @ 27 3/4" - both ends cut at 30 degree angle, ends ARE parallel, short point to long point measurement
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.