This is my FIRST ana-white project and the first furniture I have ever built.
I made a few modifications to the original plan. Rather than using plexi-glass for the doors, I chose to use plywood panels to hide the electronics (Then I will use a rf repeater so the remotes still work). The doors are assembled using half-lap joints cut using a tenoning jig and a slot bit using a router with 1/4" plywood set into the slot during assembly.
I also chose to put a 1/8" roundover to most of the edges with the router to add a little interest and mounted the top doors from the top so they "flip up" rather than down.
Finishing was my biggest challenge but after fixing many mistakes, I finally am satisfied with the result. I used 4 coats of oil-varnish blend on top of a water borne stain.
I really enjoyed this project and it definitely gave me the addiction. I'm pleased with the final product and it's a huge step up from the IKEA thing we had before. I just bought a new table saw and can't wait to start my next one.
Thanks for looking!
General finishes Arm-R-Seal oil-poly blend