In addition to adding two matching benches (idea from another post based on this plan), the following changes were made to the original plans:
1. Shortened the length of the table by about 14 inches.
2. Cut notches into the leg posts for the aprons to rest in.
3. Eliminated the stretchers (my wife didn't want them).
4. Cut the square 4x4 posts to an octagon shape (wife didn't want square legs)
5. Trimmed edges of 4x8 and 4x10 boards (wife didn't want the notches in the top caused by the rounded edges).
6. Used biscuits in addition to the pocket hole screws to assemble the table and bench top pieces.
7. Used a 1/2" rounding bit and router on the top and bottom edges of the table and bench tops.
8. Attached 3-1/4" Floor Protector Gripper Furniture Feet to the bottom of each leg.
End result: a very happy wife!