This was a fun project to replace our old oak table. Anna’s project plans was very easy to follow. My wife wanted a semi plank look so I used a wood jointer and a wood planer to get the top nice and snug without many gaps. I used popular for the sides and I used 3 pocket holes for every frame connection to add strength. 2 pocket holes seemed a little weak. I used valspar aspire white for the paint and Minwax walnut stain. For the poly I used varathane 3x thick satin oil based polyurethane. I tried using semi-gloss but it was two shiny for us. I added 2 cross braces for added support for the lower portion of the table and to add more points of contact to keep the table flat. And secure. Don’t be afraid to have small imperfections. They give it the authentic look.
Varathane oil based polyurethane