Media Center

Submitted by brittanyj on Wed, 01/21/2015 - 08:59

Made this media center for a DIY TV show at my home and I think I'm proudest of this project!  It turned out so beautifully.  Shelf pin jig was used for movable shelves inside, ORB handles and knobs, a very smooth poly'd top, and plenty of room for our components.  The doors were the hardest part.  Being inset, they just didn't want to fit and would scrape the frame.  Lots of repositioning of the hinges.  The thick acrylic for the doors was a little difficult as well- it cut easily enough in the table saw, but screwing in threatened breakage.  It was also hard to fit them where their fasteners didn't compete with the knobs or shelves.  I also made the TV stand to match the media center (and because I didn't want to buy one!)  Love this project!

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
$120
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
pine
Finish Used
kona stain, poly
Recommended Skill Level
Intermediate

Comments

DIYER_MD

Wed, 01/21/2015 - 14:37

This turned out nice. I did notice that you are showing the pocket holes on the inside. In the future you can get the Kreg pocket hole plugs to fill these holes. You glue them in the holes and you can then sand them down even and you will not see any of the holes.

Great job.

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors