Midcentury TV credenza

Since we needed some space to hide all of our not so midcentury technology gadgets I decided to try myself on this beautiful credenza.

Build was fairly straight forward. I cleaned  the looks up a little with using my router and cutting some dados for the divider and rabbets for the box itself. Worked out really well. Also I found some really nice hardware online but wasn’t willing to pay 20$ a piece for them so I made them myself. I think this brings the build to another level. For a finish I used dark walnut stain and 5 coats of arm-r-seal. Love that stuff…..super easy to use! Also I finished the finish with a coat of paste wax! Makes it super slick and gives the grain a little more depth!

Estimated Cost
100$
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
maple plywood
Finish Used
Black walnut stain
5 coats of arm-r-seal
1 coat of paste wax
Recommended Skill Level
Intermediate

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors