My Rustic X Console

This is my third project from this site (ok, third project EVER). I was coming on to look for doll bed plans, and the Rustic X Console showed up on my screen....I loved it instantly, and knew I had to try it. My husband ran out and picked up a Kreg Jig for me, and we spent a couple evenings on it. Had lots of fun, though now I know why Ana says to make sure you buy straight boards--the middle shelves were not straight, and that was frustrating to work with but we made it work! Now I just need to figure out what I'll be using it for.

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
$50
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
Spruce for most of it, pine for the two shelves
Finish Used
Just like the original, I used the steel wool & vinegar mixture. I did two coats of this, which amounted to about one and a half cheese whiz jars full. Then my husband lightly sanded it (I really, really hate sanding) and we sprayed it with two coats of Minwax satin finish varathane. We'll probably still add one more coat of that.
Recommended Skill Level
Beginner

Comments