I somewhat followed the general context of the plans for the bottom, but I added bracing and general durability changes to the plans. As the original builder did not take thought into the event of moving/ un- assembling, warping, expansion or durability. I used kiln douglas fir (4x4, and 2x4) and kiln dried pine bread board tops. All bracing joints were predrilled and then screwed in with 4.5 or 2 inch screws, as a kreg jig joint should not have stress- I want this table to withstand someone leaning or in the instance sitting on the tabe to be safe- a 1/2-1.5 kreg screw would not work. I also changed the bread board to a 1x10- as most of the 2x10 at the stores were warped or chemically treated. Underneath we added bracing with an additional 2 2x4 beams, with cross beams in the middle to prevent sress. We opted not to have breadboards, as I did not want to mortise or tenon joint the ends. We followed close to the plans- but inforced stronger bracing to withstand weight applied to the table and easy dissasembly. :)
My cost was a little higher - but I did not want chemically treated pieces or warping. There was additional cost in 4.5 inch screws, and brackets but under 50 dollars.
Screws: 12 (Already has 2inch)
Bluing Agent: 5 (already had)